Our fundamental purpose is to help develop children and young adults into successful community members by providing opportunities for physical, mental, and social development. We facilitate positive values and guidance through the great game of soccer.
- The club is an open learning community in which a growth mindset is essential
- All staff must constantly strive to raise the bar, both individually and collectively
- Members must maintain focus on the process, not the result
- Staff must strive to stimulate creativity and solution-focused learning
- Members must possess the motivation for meaningful reflection
- Coaches must look to create unfamiliar and uncomfortable scenarios for players to encourage learning
Regardless of age or skill level, soccer should promote happiness. Our love and respect for the game are what keep us motivated. We’re here to play!
Learning to compete, achieve success, and maintain resilience in the face of adversity. We strive to help our players pursue and achieve success both on and off the field.
Awareness of others’ distress and a desire to alleviate it. We are here to promote the spirit of teamwork and inclusiveness across the club.
Taking ownership of one’s actions and the outcomes that result from them. We’re here to help our players develop a sense of personal responsibility and service to the community.
Developing and maintaining a heightened focus and awareness of one’s thoughts, experiences and emotions on a moment-to-moment basis. We aim to develop thoughtful, creative, intelligent players and individuals.
A process of continual learning and improvement over time. Our goal is to help players reach their full potential both on and off the field.
What Does a TCFC Player Look Like?
The Psychological Corner
• Develop a strong sense of self-esteem
• Maintain excellent emotional control
• Build a lifelong passion for learning
• Become independent problem solvers
• Inspire motivation to practice and improve
• Adopt a growth-oriented mindset
The Technical Corner
• Feel confident in all decisions and aspects of life
• Evolve into creative and engaging players
• Explore different ways to master the game
• Develop techniques that encourage sportsmanship and teamwork
• Create a “futureproof” skill set that promotes success
The Physical Corner
• Create a lifelong foundation for physical health
• Understand that physical activity is essential for brain function and long-term health
• Cultivate physical techniques and skills for the future
• Develop agility, balance, and other beneficial movement capabilities
The Social Corner
• Understand how one’s behavior impacts learning
• Develop the skills to form lasting relationships
• Feel comfortable and positive in all interactions with others
• Consistently demonstrate sportsmanship and respect
• Feel confident in one’s mastery of the body and game